How is it that you have an online boutique but your website hasn't been updated since you first launched?
Why do you think a complete stranger would willingly give you money if your website looks outdated and untrustworthy?
Take these questions to heart as you wait yet another day, week, or month to update your website. If your website is your primary way of marketing and selling your products, it's essential that you continue to make updates to it. Not updating your website is the same as having a physical store with a closed sign on the door.
Let's get into these 5 Reasons Why You Need To Update Your Website Now
1. Your website hasn't been updated in over a month. You know that fashion trends are everchanging and as fashion boutique owner it's part of your responsibility to stay abreast of these trends. So why isn't your website consistently being updated with fresh new styles and products? Not frequently updating your website makes your brand look out of touch with the fashion scene.
2. You've added new items but your website still looks the same. So let's say you've just dropped new arrivals but the first products customers see on your website are all of your old items. Why is that? It's because you haven't updated your home page to reflect your new items. Let's compare your online store to a store in the mall. Your home page is the same thing as a display window. When stores in the mall have new items, what do they do? They update their display window so you can easily see that new products are available. So this means you should update your home page with the new items and not have them buried in with the rest of your old products.
Does your website need a facelift? Book my website update service here.
3. Your website doesn't reflect your brand. To have a strong online presence and retain loyal customers, you need to have a strong brand presence. No matter where someone finds your brand - whether it's your website, Instagram, Facebook, etc - each touchpoint should still be on-brand. If you believe that's true, then your website should look and feel like your brand. Don't just throw up random pictures that have nothing to do with your business or the products you sell. Don't just use stock photos or wholesale photos that you've pulled from other fashion sites. Invest the time and money to produce original content that you can use for your website.
4. Your website doesn't stand out. If your boutique is primarily online, it's important that you give visitors a good experience when they visit your website. This doesn't mean that you need to have annoying pop-ups, but that you understand how your customers like to shop online and then cater your website to those things. Your website should reflect your brand, be welcoming, easy to navigate, offer ways to make your customer shopping experience better, and provide an easy way to check out.
5. You're missing out on sales and new customers. If you're not getting any traffic to your website, chances are you need to update your website. Once a customer visits your website a couple of times and quickly notices that nothing has changed, they won't be back. This is why you should update your website often so that customers have something new to enjoy when they visit your site. Because your website is stagnant you're missing out sales and customers. DO NOT WAIT until Black Friday to update your website and think you're going to instantly make sales. Start now! People need time to form a relationship with you before Black Friday. You don't just instantly buy something off an unknown site on Black Friday, so what makes you think your new customers will. Update your website now to start reeling in new customers, so that by the holiday season you'll have guaranteed sales!
If you're tired of struggling to update your website on your own, book my website update service for $150. This service includes up to 5 design changes to your website. If you're looking to add a facelift to your website, this is the perfect service for you. Book here.